Monday, May 31, 2010
Life with two
I am really enjoying having two kids. Have I said that yet? I love having another little friend around all the time. Another one would be fine with me! Though none in the works yet ; )
Zoe is growing so quickly. She is all girl. She loves putting on shoes - and taking them off and making me put new ones on - ALL DAY. She carries her baby doll around and gives it kisses and hugs and puts on its blanket. She calls her "little baby" and tells people "kiss little baby!" She's actually talking a lot compared to what Alexander was like at that age. The longest things she seems to say in her high chair. "I want a little bite please!" Oh so polite : ) She holds her own with her big brother, if he gets in her space she says "no no Xanner!" She is a slender girl but pretty average for her size now. Her feet have WAY caught up with her... she actually wears a size 4 now. Sorry girl, you might have gotten my big feet.
Alexander is just quite the little boy now. He's growing out of his toddler chub. He runs and throws and climbs. I am cherishing all of the times that he asks me to snuggle with him in bed or tells me "I want a kiss!" or "hug me momma!" because I know it won't last long. Life is sooo short I am so thankful every day that I get to stay home with my beautiful babies every day and raise them!
One of our newest adventures is finding out that Alexander is extremely allergic to cats and dogs. Yikes! Talk about narrowing down the babysitting options. It's really tough, especially when close friends and family have pets. His reactions are to the point where we hae to carry an inhaler and epi pen everywhere for him just incase he pets one without us noticing, or we accidentally go into a house where we don't know there has been a dog or cat. The worst reactions seem to be when he sleeps in a house where a cat lives. He does well until the next day when he goes downhill until we have to take him to the ER for breathing treatments. Huge bummer.
We meet with the doctor this week to talk to her about all of the results of his lab work, and to know what we can do to help control his reactions. One thing is that taking cod liver oil/fish oil supplements increases oxygen flow to the lungs by 24% within 9 months. I told a friend that because I was so excited and she said "you can't do that, do you know how bad his poop is going to smell?" Are you kidding me?!?! If I can increase his oxygen flow by 24% I don't care if his poop smells like... okay well I'll spare you the details, but if it made me barf everytime he pooped it would still be worth it! Hehe. It bums me out to have to keep him away from dogs when he's at the park and such. He LOVES them. We were talking about getting him a puppy before we found out.
Not much else is new with us. I am learning how rewarding life is when I try and live every aspect of my life with God in mind. We tried really hard to get out of debt like God says is wise in the Bible, and after we did we have been able to maintain that and I am SO excited. Once we made the decision and stuck to our guns when tests came our way, God has really blessed us for our determination. It seems to go that way in life. When I try to do things the way He wants me to, and I do it no matter what comes my way, God always comes through. In crazy ways!!! Sometime I will have to write down all of the ways that God blessed us financially when we decided to get out of debt:
Random checks in the mail, I kid you not, over $10,000 for various things including a car accident claim
Forgiven debts of medical bills, thousands of dollars
Random things that quit working that we decided to go without (like our TV) started working again all on their own
Anonymous people contacted a mechanic to fix our car for us (over $1,500 of repairs)
I could go ON and ON and ON!
Life is hectic. I have two kids who undo all of the work I do all day long. I am the never ending job do-er. You know, the laundry that never ends, the dishes that never end, the toys that I clean up that the kids mess up again before I've even finished. My husband works crazy hours sometimes and does a side job. He has random meetings on his off days. But you know what? It's my life and I love it!!! If it weren't for the craziness it would mean that I was alone. Sometimes when I step on a toy or look at my trashed living room I literally smile and thank God that I have such great kids around to switch it up on me once in a while. I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment