It has been way too long since my last update, but I am currently typing one-handed holding my new daughter, Zoe. Since I am no longer pregnant and chasing my two year old, this should be easier for me to update. (I still chase the two year old but I feel better ; )
Well, our beautiful baby girl was born on February 23rd. It was a nice and calm labor and delivery. She weighed 6 lbs 3oz and was 18 1/2 in tall. Her head was significantly smaller than Alexander's was at just 13 1/2 inches, which is awesome! Lol. Alexander's headwas 2 inches bigger around than that, which makes a huge difference!
So our little gal is 7 weeks old now, and already getting chubby and so big! She is starting to hold her head up, starting to babble a lot, and eating a lot faster and sleeping longer periods of time at night. She is a very easygoing little gal. The one funny thing about her that is so different than Xan is that she eats as much as possible every time she eats, and then - UP comes all the milk she didn't need. Can anyone say "projectile vomit"? Lol. It makes for a lot of laundry! Our record is 5 pairs of pj's in one night.
It is actually really fun having the two kids at the age difference they are, it just seems perfect. Though I wish Alexander were potty trained by now : / He just doesn't want to sit on the toilet, he calls it icky. But he is so sweet to Zoe. When they ride in the car, he holds her hand. If she cries, he says "it's okay. It's okay, baby Zoe!" Such a sweetheart. The only thing I have to watch out for is that he always wants to share things with her. Which is not good when it's graham crackers and apple juice! Hehe. As we speak, he is sitting in her swing all curled up into a ball and watching a movie. He is quite the character, and talking so much, I love it. The funniest things come out of his mouth. The cutest thing he said lately was actually singing a song. He said "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but he is strong... with BIG MUSCLES!!!" I was laughing so hard tears were coming out of my eyes : )
I love being able to stay home with them. Alexander is so much fun. Now that I am 100% after having Zoe it has been fun to get back outside and playing! The weather is being rediculous, but we actually had a really warm day the other day. And a couple days later it snowed, but that's beside the point : )
I am so blessed to have an awesome husband who loves to help so much with the kids and with the house. He has helped out so much the last few months when I was feeling huge pregnant and after Zoe was born. He doesn't mind doing dishes or cooking if it means helping me get things done, and he gets up during the night and changes diapers for me too. I love my Matthew!
On another note, I am so excited that my sister Sarah is up visiting from Louisiana. I haven't seen her son Dominic since he was just over a month old, and now he's over 10 months old and so big and talkative!!! He is just the most mild mannered baby I have ever seen, so well behaved. He is the spitting image of her too which is so cool, he just has really auburn wavy hair. He has the most adorable laugh I have ever heard! And he loves Matt which is really fun.
Welll... I will write more often, I promise! I will try to post pictures soon. I mostly facebook nowadays, so that is why I have been so silent on here. It takes a lot less effort to post a sentence or a pic on facebook, and I have been lazy : )
If you want to add me on facebook, add cammy_g@yahoo.com
Hope you are all having an awesome spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment