Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow!

We finally have some snow this year, it's been hanging around for the last few days. We have several inches. It's been cold enough to not melt at all. Alexander really likes to play in the snow, we'd play out there for hours if only he would keep his mittens on his hands.

We have the next couple of weeks on vacation, which is so neat to be able to do around the holidays. We are hanging out with family as much as possible, as well as catching up with old friends. And - doing a little last minute holiday shopping : ) It's been mostly done since early November actually, but just a few last little additions.

Right now the baby is about 28 weeks along, so I have about 11 weeks to go - yay! Alexander carried so low that he never reached my ribs at all, except maybe the last couple of days which I hardly remember. This baby has been up in my ribcage when I sit down for weeks already, I am getting tired of it!!! It sure makes breathing a pain in the rear. Er - a pain in the lungs I guess. Also, it makes sleeping quite uncomfortable already. Thank goodness I am in my last trimester!

We really need to pick a name for this kid. We are not finding out gender, which is making it even harder for me. But I keep calling it a boy and I can't think of any girl names, and nothing girly looks cute to me at all. It's hard!!! Grr. So if it's a girl, we will probably be picking names in the hospital after we see her. I'm sure actually seeing the kid makes it easier if you are having a hard time. The only time I think girl stuff is cute is when I am shopping for my adorable niece, Summer, and I think it's because I can picture her in it and I know what she likes. So hopefully if it's a girl I will adjust instead of thinking everything she is wearing looks lame. : )

Hope everyone else is enjoying the snow as much as we are. We are in for a snowstorm tomorrow, so we are going to get some groceries and gift-making supplies and have some fun!

1 comment:

Debra and Eric said...

Hey Cammy and family! It's great to hear how you 3 (4?) are doing. So you got some good snow too huh? That's great. Eric let Gideon "play" a little in the snow (put his hands in it briefly), but Gideon just cried! :( Poor kid. I can't wait until he can enjoy it like Alexander! Take care and have a great Christmas!