Wednesday, September 24, 2008

People keep asking us whether we are having a boy or a girl...

... and the answer is - we're not telling! Haha. Actually, Matt doesn't really want to know this time, he wants to wait for the surprise until the baby is born. I'm not sure if I will find out either, since it would be weird for me to know and him not to, and also probably impossible for me to keep it from him! i would wind up always saying "he" or "she" I'm sure of it : )

So Matt walks in from taking a shower the other day and said "Guess what, I know what our baby's name is going to be. He is going to be a boy, and we are going to name him Axel". It just came to him in the shower I guess! : ) So I gave him this "you are crazy" look but it was a pretty funny story. We told our friends later that day that if we have a boy we will name him Axel (half joking still), and they said "hey that's funny, it's like Alex but the letters are rearranged!" That would be funny, Alex and Axel. Being quick-witted as I am, I promptly said "yeah and if it's a girl, we're naming her Lexa!" I crack myself up!

Seriously though, we may not be telling anyone gender or name choices until after the birth. Just thought I'd prepare you in advance : ) Hehe

Did I mention I am the new mission coordinator at our church? Wow is that a humbling task! That makes me in charge amongst other things, of coordinating a couple of mission trips a year from our church (and attending them if at all possible) which is just amazing. I am excited to be learning about all of the opportunities available right now, and how we can be an extension of the church into other parts of the world, and also to gain knowledge from our brothers and sisters abroad (we have much to learn as a church in this country!).

Next year it looks like we will be going to India for sure, I will know a little more about that in a few weeks and I am VERY excited about that. THere is a couple in our church who are from the actual region we are going to. As for the second trip I do not know, but I pray for great wisdom in decision making!!!

TTFN

No comments: