Monday, December 10, 2007

Awww...

Poor Alexander is really sick! I think he might have the stomach flu. He has thrown up about four times just this hour. I am trying really hard to get him to nibble on crackers and sip on juice. He's eating a tiny bit but not keeping much down. I hope that he can absorb some of the juice before he throws it up. I'm not sure how to tell if a baby is getting dehydrated or not! I'm sure I will be able to sense if he is acting more lethargic or something. I may just make an appt for him tomorrow just incase. I feel awful. I also am feeling quite selfish because I do not want to put him on the furniture or pick him up because I'm afraid he'll puke on our couches or on my clothes! Then I feel guilty because he's the sick baby and I'm not! Oh well. Anyway I'm sure he'll feel better soon. It's just hard to sit by and watch a baby be so ill and not know what to do for them or if they feel ok or not. I know he must feel bad because most of the time when I try to feed him he spits the food out and whimpers. Awww! Poor little guy. And he's cutting in one more tooth on top as well, so that doesnt' help either. Geesh. What a day!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh Cammy! I'm sorry you (and your muffin) are having such a bad day! Hope he's feeling better soon! Know that you're loved!
XOX